Excellence in Metal Forming Simulation
AFDEX is a general-purpose metal forming simulator, which meets the following requirements for intelligent bulk-metal- forming (BMF) simulation (BMFS):
- Solutions should be accurate, and volume loss or change due to the numerical schemes and procedures should be minimized and acceptable.
- Intelligent meshing or remeshing capabilities should minimize solution inaccuracies during remeshing and smoothing state variables.
- Optimized or adaptive meshing density capabilities should be adopted to obtain a solution within a reasonable computational time and without solution inaccuracy. Also, one should be able to successfully mesh complex geometries.
- Characteristic boundaries (or edges) and workpiece-die interface boundaries should be accurately traced during simulation and remeshing to minimize changes in the boundary value problem due to remeshing.
- Multi-stage BMF processes (especially multi-stage forging processes) should be simulated automatically to reduce the total simulation time (including both computational time and user processing time between the stages).
- The simulator should be convenient and user friendly.
Die Structural Analysis
Cross wedge rolling
Extrusion and Drawing
Metal Forming Simulation
MFRC has unceasingly developed the metal forming simulator of AFDEX, standing for Advisor for metal Forming process Design EXperts, based on rigid-elastothermoviscoplastic finite element method with intelligent remeshing technology embedded.
MFRC’s policy is to organize and network full-time professionals and specialists from academic side in fulfilling our customers with engineering achievements and satisfaction.
MFRC consistently pursues genuine integrity to become true friends of metal forming engineers and researchers full of passion and enthusiasm.