Typical Problems Modelled in the workshop
[one or two cases on each category will be modelled in the workshop, remaining will be demonstrated based on the time availability]
INTRODUCTION AND FUNDAMENTAL THEORY
• Fluid Mechanics
• Heat Transfer
STEADY STATE SIMULATIONS
Steady State Evaluation of Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics simulations
Transient Simulation of real time applications at component, subsystem and system level evaluations
ADVANCED THERMAL – FLUID SIMULATIONS
Simulation of Gaseous mixtures, Homogeneous two-phase flow, coupled heat transfer through solid structures, combustion modelling and beyond
• Nozzle thrust calculation.
• Nozzle over/under expansion prediction.
• Supersonic flow simulation capability.
• Pump selection and pipe sizing.
• Flow distribution.
GAS TURBINE ENGINE
• Turbine and compressor sizing.
• Turbine and compressor power matching.
• Compressor surge margin prediction.
• Off-design performance prediction.
• Transient system response.
LIQUID FUELED ROCKETS
• Turbo-pump/combustion dynamics.
• Control philosophy development testing.
• Transient start-up analysis.
• Blowdown calculations.
FUEL & REFUELING SYSTEMS
• Valve sizing for mid-air refueling.
• Control system design for transient mid-air refueling.
• Pump selection and pipe sizing.
• Heat exchanger area calculation/sizing.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL & LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS
• Cabin temperature, pressure and flow control.
• Air conditioning system flow & temperature distribution.
• Humidity control of air-water vapour mixtures.
• Combustion product gas composition calculation.
• Combustion process adiabatic flame temperature calculation.
• Flow distribution between cooling slots and main flow path.
• Thermal capacitance in solids for transient modeling.
• Linear and solid conduction heat transfer.
• Axial (2D) conduction.
• Jet impingement cooling.
• Film convection heat transfer.
• Solid-Solid radiation heat transfer.
• Gas-Solid radiation heat transfer.
• Convection heat transfer.
INTEGRATED SIMULATION WITH STRUCTURAL, FLUID, CONTROL SYSTEMS
• Integrated Simulation with ANSYS, ANSYS FLUENT
• Integrated Simulation with MATLAB, NI LABVIEW
• Integrated Simulation with EXCEL and Other Software’s
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Workshop aims to cover from fundamental theory to real-time application modeling involving fluid mechanics, heat transfer and thermodynamics concept. We will be using Flownex – Thermal Fluid Simulation Software – More details on www.flownex.com
The expert panel will address the queries of participants and participants are encouraged to bring their model, problem, or queries and get an answer from expert panel. For any details mail to email@example.com +91 9591994642 | 9900138009,
Ms Nandhini | Workshop – Coordinator |firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Contact: Mr. Krishnaprasad |email@example.com, Mr. Jayesh Gupta|Jayesh@dhioresearch.com
DHIO Research & Engineering Pvt Ltd.,
# 28 (Old No 619/1), 2nd Floor, 36th Cross, 2nd Block, Rajajinagar, Next to Srinivasa Kalyana Mantapa,
Bangalore-560010 India Office: +91 80 49539628, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Fee: INR 3500.00 + GST 18%
Registration Fee can be paid in the form of
DD/Cheque/Cash in favour of “DHIO – Center for Excellence” payable at Bangalore
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Director/CEO/Managers/Engineers involved in Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics Calculations, Research, Engineering Design, Analysis, Testing, Modeling and Commissioning of Thermal Fluid Systems from Aerospace, Space and allied Industries can participate.
It is not mandatory to have any computational modeling experience; however, physics of system, subsystem and component understanding will help